The first day of 2015 is almost over. I’ve given this some thought and decided I would write down my goals for this year. Goals — not resolutions. Not lofty goals either, but realistic ones — goals that are easily achievable.
1. Lose weight — I’m not going to put a specific number here. I have one in mind, but I’m not going to beat myself up if I don’t hit that number. I just need to lose weight, and I’ll be happy with whatever I lose.
2. Eat and drink healthier — something that should help in my weight loss. I have poor eating habits; I freely admit that. I have to realize that I can’t eat like I did when I was in high school. I also know that I don’t drink near enough water. I bought a new water bottle today and aim to drink at least 4 bottles of water daily. Yeah, I know that’s less than recommended, but more than I’m currently drinking.
3. Exercise more — continuing in the same vein, exercising will also help with the weight loss. It will help with a lot of other things too, and will generally make me feel better. I’ve had a tendency lately to sit, a lot. And once I’m sitting, I don’t move. I have a treadmill, and I need to use it regularly.
4. Write more — I have several blogs that I’ve ignored lately. I hope to write something in at least one of them every day, even if it’s just a brief thought, a rant, a meme. I also hope to get back to writing poetry, articles and hey, maybe even a story or two.
5. Build my DS business. I’m an associate for a DS company called Charmsations. We sell personalized sliding charm jewelry and accessories. I need to work it more, and be consistent.
6. Build my craft business. I also do crafts, mostly beaded jewelry and crochet items. I sell at craft shows, but I want to have an online presence. I started an etsy shop over a year ago but never did anything with it. I also started an ecommerce website but kind of let that fall through the cracks as well. Now that I have internet at home again, I’ll be able to stay on top of these endeavors.
7. Become more involved — this is pretty broad and I really haven’t given much thought as to what I’m going to focus on, so I’ll address this goal again later.
This is a start. I have a few more goals that I want to accomplish this year, and I’ll get to those in my next post.