I’m not quite sure of the origin of this, but I’ve seen it posted on several blogs and have also received this through email. I thought it was just too funny not to pass along.
Many of us ‘Old Folks’ (those over 50, WAY over 50, or hovering near 50) are quite confused today about how we should present ourselves. Feeling ‘young’ , we try to conform to current fashions and present a youthful image.
Contrary to what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:
1. A nose ring and bifocals
2. Spiked hair and bald spots
3. A pierced tongue and dentures
4. Miniskirts and support hose
5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads
6. Speedos and cellulite
7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
10. Bikinis and liver spots
11. Mini skirts and varicose veins
12. Inline skates and a walker
And, most importantly…at some point you have to give up the “DAISY DUKE” Shorts.